GENERAL DEPARTMENT OF CUSTOMS AND EXCISE OF CAMBODIA is a Government Organization of the Kingdom of Cambodia. Our official website is www.customs.gov.kh and we also provide some mobile applications as a means to facilitate trade and empower the Kingdom’s economy.
Our Website or Application may contain links to Government and non-Government websites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in several ways. The information we may collect via the Website or Application depends on the content and materials you use and includes:
We may use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser / mobile local storage to store and track information about you when you enter our Website or Application. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our Website or Application and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. For mobile applications, you can clear data from our application on your mobile phone. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Demographic and other personally identifiable information (such as your name, email address and phone number) that you voluntarily give to us when choosing to participate in various activities related to the Website or Application, such as search, posting messages in comments, sending feedback, and responding to surveys.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Website or Application to:
- Create and manage your account.
- Email you regarding your account.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Application more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Application.
- Notify you of updates to the Application.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Application.
- Assist law enforcement.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you provide us with personally identifiable data,
- We may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective way.
- We will NOT share your Personal Data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorized to carry out specific Government services.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us with the latest data.
Please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- have any enquires or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures,
- need more information on or access to data that you have provided to us in the past.
[Updated 2020-04-02 at 5:00pm local time]