Exporters must provide additional documentation for items that the Royal Government of Cambodia has determined to be sensitive or that are monitored for trade purposes. Below chart shows type of License Permission Letter, or Certificate that are required to export certain items and the government authority where they can be obtained.

Note: New handicraft items and silk goods do not require additional documentation except if they involve silverware or they are an art and cultural heritage product.

License or Permission or Certificate

  Type of Goods Documentation Government Authority
Export License Unprocessed Rubber -Export License (valid:60days) -Ministry of Commerce
  Processed Wood and non-timber forest products -Export License

(valid: 60days)

-Permit Letter

-Ministry of Commerce

-Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fishery

-Council of Ministers

Certificate Fresh Fruit, Vegetables, Plants and Agricultural Materials (including  Pesticides, fertilizers, Seed, Seeding Materials and Feed Additives) -Customs and Excise Permit

-Sanitary and Phytosanitary Certificate (SPS)

-Customs and Excise House

-Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries

  Garments Certificates of Origin (valid:6months) -Ministry of Commerce
  Drugs and Medicines Ministry of Health Certificate -Ministry of Health
  Live Animals Animal Health Certificate (valid:5years) or CITES Certificate Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Permission Letter Art and Cultural Products Permit Letter Ministry of Culture and Fine Art
  Fish, Crustaceans, Mollusks and Other Aquatic Product Permit Letter

(valid: 1year)

Certificate of Origin

Customs Permit

-Ministry of Commerce

-Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries

-Customs and Excise House

  Jewelry, Silverware and Unprocessed Precious Stones Permit Letter (valid:1year) National Bank of Cambodia

Information Resource: Export Procedure Guide Book for Cambodia SMEs (January 2009)